Saturday, September 20, 2008

Wall Street Journal

I started reading a conservative newspaper to get a feel
for what the other side considers newsworthy.  I figured
the Wall Street Journal was a good place to start. 
I went to the "most emailed" box today, as I often do at
the New York Times.  The number 1 article was by Rush
Limbaugh.  "This isn't good...",  I thought.  It was a
surprise to me, though, that when I read the article, about
two comments of Limbaugh's that he claims were taken
out of context in Obama commercials, I actually agreed
with him.  He came to the conclusion that Obama was
stoking racial tension and thus is not a worthy president,
which is understandable coming from a neoconservative
pundit, but it does seem he was deliberately misquoted.
(Though I'm trusting that he was really parodying in
the second passage, which I don't have %100 confidence
in without knowing more of the monologue.) 

In addition to Limbaugh, there was a bad writer
named Peggy Noonan, and the editorial was unabashedly
pro-Palin.  Unlike the Times, I found no evidence of another
point of view.  I'll look for one in the coming days.  I wonder
who is the analogue of David Brooks or Bill Kristol.

No comments:

Post a Comment