Friday, September 09, 2005

This American Life

My life has been decidedly enriched by the radio show
This American Life.
It's basically a hodgepodge of stories from around the
country, usually on a theme given for the week,
eg. babysitting. It can be profound, ridiculous,
insightful. It is always touching, and consistently leaves
me smiling. Different kinds of smiles, but smiling always.

If you've never heard the show, check out the "Our
favorites" section. "Notes on Camp", "Act V" and
"Babysitting" are all phenomenal. So touching and

PS: I get a "Daily Ray of Hope" email from the Sierra Club.
One the other day was cute:

"The journal Mountain Gazette claims that it is printed on
paper "biodegradable with soy ink so environmentally benign
that, instead of recycling it, you can just pour milk on it
and eat it. The fiber content is guaranteed high."


My next few blogs will have pictures from my time in Europe last month.
This is Berlin at night.


No comments:

Post a Comment