Sunday, November 01, 2009

Quotes for 11/1/09

  • He’s highly educated – and rather better than a country like this deserves.  -- Gore Vidal on Barack Obama
  • God looks after alcoholics, little children, and the United States of America. -- Otto von Bismarck
  • "I wish you and your family also as to your friend Merry Christmas and a happy New Year and I hope that we'll meet again in a world of peace and freedom in the taxi cab if the accident will."    I like that very much: "If the accident will."  -- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse Five
  • "The Dresden atrocity, tremendously expensive and meticulously planned, was so meaningless, finally, that only one person on the entire planet got any benefit from it. I am that person. I wrote this book, which earned a lot of money for me and made my reputation, such as it is. One way or another, I got two or three dollars for every person killed. Some business I'm in." -ibid



No comments:

Post a Comment