Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Knitro

I've been using a nice nonlinear optimizer called Knitro. It's not free, but has
a free student license. This note regards installing Knitro. You first fill out a form
and get a license. You are suppose to put the license in a file so that the
executable can see that you have permission. I followed all the instructions, but
I kept getting the following error:

### Could not find a valid license.
Your machine ID is 93-04-3c-a2-d3.
Please contact info@ziena.com to obtain a license.
Go to http://ziena.com/trial.html for a KNITRO student version license.
Failed to find a Ziena license.

If you get this, make sure you have no spaces after the license key. Once
I removed the spaces it worked.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I am glad to see there is someone who's gone through the same thing.

    I am getting the same message - but I have no idea why. I do not have any space after the key. But is the key supposed to end with a =? I will appreciate it if you could help! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi L-worshipper. Yes, the code should begin and end with a '='.

    ReplyDelete